Friday, April 11, 2008

Chorale Tour to Europe


Prague


Austin 's jacket matches the building.


The Melk Abbey. Too bad my eyes are closed.


The ducks in Prague are basically the same as they are in the US. I was so let down.



This past Spring Break, March 20- March 31, I traveled to Europe for the first time with the Biola University Chorale. We visited Germany, Austria, and The Czech Republic. Considering that we visited three countries in so few days, the tripped seemed so short, but so great nonetheless. We sang in several cathedrals from the Gothic and Baroque periods. We sang during several Catholic masses, even an Easter mass. I don't think I had been to a Catholic Church before this.
Everywhere we sang was very elaborately constructed and decorated--much more than anywhere I can think of in the United States. I can't imagine ever putting as much detail into something so huge as did those who built the cathedrals in which we sang. I believe that God has the ability to manifest his love for humanity through gorgeous architecture, but I don't think that a cathedral has the ability to love another. I believe that the Chorale demonstrated God's love for us through our songs. Our concerts seemed to be more than just concerts. I loved seeing the way that the audiences responded to our singing. I was definitely blessed and I hope that we blessed others even more.

No comments: